A world-class university committed to scholarly excellence
- Post Graduate Studies
- Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- Open & Distance Learning
- Faculty Of Agriculture
- Faculty Of Arts
- Faculty Of Veterinary Medicine
- Development Studies
- Institute Of African Studies
- Diplomacy & International Studies
- Nuclear Science & Technology
- Tropical & Infectious Diseases
- Kenya Science Campus
- Population Studies & Research
- School Of Law
- School Of Medicine
- School Of Biological Sciences
- School Of Business
- School Of Computing & Informatics
- Continuing & Distance Education
- School Of Dental Sciences
- School Of Economics
- School Of Education
- School Of Engineering
- School Of Journalism
- School Of Mathematics
- School Of Nursing Sciences
- School Of Pharmacy
- School Of Physical Sciences
- School Of The Arts & Design
- School Of The Built Environment
VC's welcome Message
The University is one of the greatest inventions of our time. Although created more than nine centuries ago, it remains one of the glories of human aspirations and one of the triumphs of the power of imagination. To wholly understand this fact, you need to be integrated into the University system.
The University of Nairobi uses the 'learning centered' approach in its programmes. This has enabled our institution to create an environment that graduates students with well-developed intellectual skills in their field of specialization.
They also have a foundation of broad knowledge, effective written and oral communication skills, a strong ethical base, a sense of civil responsibility, proficiency in the use of technology, a global perspective and desire to purse life long learning.
As a result, the University of Nairobi produces graduates not only equipped for the jobs in the market but also well armed to cope with life itself. True to our tradition, the students are urged to cultivate a sense of independent thinking and responsible action.
The challenge of the students then is to ensure that they maintain the University's position as the leading public university in Kenya.
- University Staff
- Government Agencies
- Business Community (including Tender Announcements)
- Our Partners