A world-class university committed to scholarly excellence
- Post Graduate Studies
- Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- Open & Distance Learning
- Faculty Of Agriculture
- Faculty Of Arts
- Faculty Of Veterinary Medicine
- Development Studies
- Institute Of African Studies
- Diplomacy & International Studies
- Nuclear Science & Technology
- Tropical & Infectious Diseases
- Kenya Science Campus
- Population Studies & Research
- School Of Law
- School Of Medicine
- School Of Biological Sciences
- School Of Business
- School Of Computing & Informatics
- Continuing & Distance Education
- School Of Dental Sciences
- School Of Economics
- School Of Education
- School Of Engineering
- School Of Journalism
- School Of Mathematics
- School Of Nursing Sciences
- School Of Pharmacy
- School Of Physical Sciences
- School Of The Arts & Design
- School Of The Built Environment
Student Welfare Authority (SWA)
Comprehensive catering and accommodation services in pursuit of knowledge
Central Catering Unit (CCU)
Our vision is to be the first choice residential and catering facility that provides cost effective and excellent quality products for the well-being and the delight of all our customers
Our mission is to support the academic goals of the student of the UON by providing a comprehensive, competent and responsible catering and accommodation system, which enable our students and non-students customers, pursue their objectives in the most enjoyable manner possible.
In order to constantly add value to the quality of service delivery and stand out as reliable, stable and dependable service provider we uphold the philosophy that:
- Our students are our number one customers.
- We facilitate a good learning environment.
- We are caring and competent.
- We are responsive to the needs of our customers.
- We uphold leadership by example and participation.
- We promote and uphold integrity.
- We demonstrate professional management of resources.
- We ascribe to the highest level of transparency and accountability.
- We foster integration by promoting peace, harmony and coexistence.
- We constantly seek to cultivate and promote public good will for the UON.
To achieve its goals SWA is divided into five major departments as follows:
- Catering Department
- Halls Department
- Finance Department
- Security Department
This is the Headquarters where the Director and his chief officers operate in coordinating the operations of SWA.
The Chief Officers are as follows
- Deputy Director
- Deputy Finance Officer
- Chief Personnel Officer
- Principal Catering Officer
- Chief Halls Officer
- Customer Relations Officer
- Procurement Officer
- Deputy Chief Security Officer
- Maintenance Superintendent
Each department is an integral part of the entire SWA system which, In proper policy formulation SWA has the following Committee:
This is chaired by the Vice Chancellor
SWA Executive Committee
The Director chairs this Committee with the membership of the Chief officers
SWA Management Committee
This is also chaired by the Director and has a membership of all Chief Officers and all SMU Managers with one student representative (Secretary, Accommodation, Health and catering)
The stakeholders of SWA are the following: -
University of Nairobi Management
Public through the Public Investments Committee
Donor agencies with vested interests
Parents of students
Student Welfare Authority (SWA) Contacts
Physical Address: S.W.A. Building, 3rd Floor
Postal Address: P.O Box 30197, 00100, G.P.O
- The Chancellor
- The University Council
- Chairman of Council
- The Senate
- The Vice Chancellor
- University Management Board(UMB)
- The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance)
- The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs)
- Student Welfare Authority