- UNIVERSITY LIFE
- ABOUT UON
- MEDIA CENTRE
Call for Dean’s Committee Research Grants proposals for May 2015
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (RPE) is pleased to announce the ‘Call for Dean’s Committee Research Grant’ proposals for May 2015.
The grant funds projects to a maximum of Ksh.250,000/= per year for a maximum period of three (3) years.
- Applicants must be full time faculty at the University of Nairobi or;
- They must be employees of the University of Nairobi on staff development undertaking their postgraduate studies in the University and in their year of research.
- Full-time postgraduate students registered at the University of Nairobi.
- In the case of (iii) above, the supervisor of the student must lodge the application for the grant.
- The proposed research work must be conducted at the University of Nairobi, except where the project has been declared as collaborative work between University of Nairobi and other institutions.
- Where the proposed project is part of collaborative work with other institutions as (v) above, the appropriate collaboration documents must have been lodged with the University of Nairobi’s Legal Office or Center for International Programmes and Links (CIPL).
- The project must focus on the national development goals’ priority areas and/or the University of Nairobi Strategic Plan (2013 –2018)
- Person(s) applying should have relevant qualifications and experience in the area of the proposed project (Applicants must have a minimum of Masters Degree).
- A researcher is eligible to make one application for funding at any given funding period.
For application guidelines and forms, visit
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor
(Research, Production & Extension)
PO Box 30197 - 00100, Nairobi
Mobile: +254-706 528 093 or +254-739 859 083