You are currently viewing our Archived Site. Visit http://www.uonbi.ac.ke to view our updated content
A world-class university committed to scholarly excellence
- Post Graduate Studies
- Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- Open & Distance Learning
- Faculty Of Agriculture
- Faculty Of Arts
- Faculty Of Veterinary Medicine
- Development Studies
- Institute Of African Studies
- Diplomacy & International Studies
- Nuclear Science & Technology
- Tropical & Infectious Diseases
- Kenya Science Campus
- Population Studies & Research
- School Of Law
- School Of Medicine
- School Of Biological Sciences
- School Of Business
- School Of Computing & Informatics
- Continuing & Distance Education
- School Of Dental Sciences
- School Of Economics
- School Of Education
- School Of Engineering
- School Of Journalism
- School Of Mathematics
- School Of Nursing Sciences
- School Of Pharmacy
- School Of Physical Sciences
- School Of The Arts & Design
- School Of The Built Environment
Centre For Open And Distance Learning (codl)
The Teaching-learning System
The delivery of the programmes in FSC/FES/SBS is through the distance mode. The main medium of instruction used is the print in the form of self-instructional printed modules. These serve in the place of the teachers as they contain the subject content and instructional devices to guide you as learners.
To support the printed modules, academic support services are provided by:
Face to face tuitions during residential sessions which will largely be spent on introduction of the courses doing high level practicals where applicable unpacking difficult concepts, revisions.
Regional resources in the Extra-Mural Centres and other identified institutions.
Library services both on campus and regional.
Correspondence tuitions and guidance through comments on assignments, e-mail,sms and circular letters.
Audio-visual support especially for practicals to be provided in the near future.
Computer mediated instructional materials(e-learning) through Extra-Mural Centres.
The face to face tuition constitutes a maximum of the instructional time. It means that the Modules provide the core of learning with only minimum supplement from face to face tuition and other academic support services.
The face to face tuition is provided by the course lecturers and course tutors during study sessions and tutorial sessions that are programmed during the year.
The 1 st tutorial sessions will be done from Wednesday basically introducing the modules for 1 st Semester.
- Distance Education
- Mission Statements
- Rationale For Distance Education
- The Teaching-learning System
- Degree Programmes
- Being A Distance Learning Student
- Target Groups
- Shared Responsibilities
- Time Requirement And Time Management
- The Role Of Face To Face And Regional Learner Support
- Customer Feedback Form
P. O. Box P.O. Box 30197, 00100 GPO Nairobi - Tel: +254-66-32118
Message From the Director
Read message from the Director >>