The UONP envisages to be a pace setter in scholarly and educational publishing in the African region, in furtherance of the mission of the University of Nairobi.
The University of Nairobi Press mission is to be a premier academic book publisher in Kenya and the East Africa region, to enhance and encourage research and publication of Kenyan scholarship, to promote a global reputation of the University of Nairobi by empowering the scholarly community it serves and to disseminate African scholarship to the world using modern publishing technology.
As a consequence, the UONP shall:
- Steer and expand the dissemination of Kenyan research and scholarship.
- Cultivate multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary publications.
- Build a global reputation as a centre of excellence in African studies by increasing quality book publication in African studies.
- Generate further diversification of income through exploiting intellectual property rights, in translation and subsidiary rights sales.
- Provide an infrastructure of support to enhance publications activity.
- Provide ready and expanded access to material on the region s history, economy, political affairs, demography, literature, art and culture.
Although the mission of the UONP is essentially academic and scholarly in nature, it must be achieved within a cost-effective environment that promotes long-term survival, growth and sound knowledge principles.
As a publishing house of the University of Nairobi, UONP will be guided in all its operations by the following UON core values as outlined in the University of Nairobi Strategic Plan (2008-2013):
- Freedom of thought and expression.
- Innovativeness and creativity
- Good corporate governance.
- Team spirit and teamwork.
- Quality customer service.
- Responsible corporate citizenship and strong social responsibility.
- Respect for and conservation of the environment.
Click here to place your orders
Welcome to University of Nairobi Press
You are not logged in. login to easily place Orders
Search for Books
Just Released !!